The gorgoneion, the face of the fearsome goddess Medusa with protruding tongue, was widely used as a protective amulet in ancient times. It was often painted on the shields of warriors, and many cities adopted it as a symbol on coinage. When Athens began to issue tetradrachms about 515 BCE, a gorgoneion appeared on the front as a symbol of protection for the people of Athens.
This replica Athenian coin can be added to your magic spells as a source of feminine power and protection.
- Carry it with you as a protection charm or to honor the goddess Medusa.
- Place one in a mojo bag for amplifying its protective power.
- Add to your charm or bone set to represent divine protection in a reading.
- Place one or more around a spell done with black candles to prevent others from harming you.
- Anoint with Powerful Protection oil and place on your altar to guard yourself and your home.
Coins measure 1″ in diameter