Juniper is used for protection against evil forces or people, for sexual love magic and for healing spiritually-caused sickness. Juniper has many uses, and this wildharvested bundle is perfect for your next spell, ritual, or ceremony.
Burning bundles of dried herbs – sometimes called smudge sticks – has been a part of many spiritual traditions dating back millennia and connects all traditional cultures, from the Native Americans to the Druids, from the Zulus to the Maoris, from Aboriginals to the Mayans, from the Chinese to the Balinese, all of which have age-old forms of cleansing and blessing rituals.
Smudge Juniper at the crossroads can protect a group or community from illness. Find more magical plants and their meanings in Baba Yaga’s Book of Witchcraft!
Ways to Use Wildharvested Juniper Smudge Sticks:
- Light the smudge stick walk in a large circle, stopping at East, South, West and North to create a sacred space for magic within the circle.
- Light the bundle and walk through the rooms of a home or other building to cleanse, protect or imbue the space with energy.
- Light the bundle and waft the smoke over your body or someone else’s for a spiritual cleanse or for imbuing.
- Wave the smoke over ritual tools or objects that you wish to bless.
- Smudge juniper at a crossroads, scared space or event
For in-depth information on how to use this and other herbs and roots magically, I recommend Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic and Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs, both of which can be found in our Books section. Want to know more about how to use a juniper smudge stick? Check out this video from my Youtube page:
4″ long bundle.