Mojo Wishing Beans are sometimes called African Wishing Beans or St. Joseph’s Beans and are used to make wishes. Choose an odd number of beans and make a different wish on each one. Carry them in your pocket for seven days and on the seventh day, throw them over your left shoulder into running water and don’t look back. Doing this is said to make wishes manifest in seven days.
There are many ways that you can work with mojo beans magically. Below you’ll find just a few simple spell suggestions, but a great way to work with any herb or plant is to hold it in your hands and close your eyes. Ask the plant directly for guidance and how it wishes to be worked with.
Suggested magical uses for Whole Mojo Wishing Beans:
- Carry Mojo Beans in a mojo bag for good luck.
- Leave them on an altar dedicated to St. Joseph and give them away for good luck.
- Add 7 of them to a candle spell, writing a wish on each one or the same wish on all of them.
- Place a few of them in your wallet or change purse.
- Write your wishes on them and place them in the corners of your home or on your altar.
- Gift them to someone who is in need of better luck.
For in-depth information on how to use this and other herbs and roots magically, I recommend Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic and Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs, both of which can be found in our Books section. You can also learn about using herbs and roots in magic in The Book of Candle Magic! Signed and personalized copies are available right here at Parlour of Wonders!
There are no reviews yet.