Baba Yaga is the most famous witch of Slavic folklore. She appears in hundreds, if not thousands, of folk tales in the oral tradition. We see her as a character in so many tales in Eastern Europe, always as a powerful, old crone who lives deep in the forest in a hut that stands atop two chicken legs.
In ancient times, Baba Yaga was actually the forest woman, mother, or grandmother. She lived alone in the forest and people who lived near forests, worked in them, had to travel through them or worked in nature would appeal to her for safety and bounty. Like nature, Baba Yaga can be approached with respect and reverence, and you can receive her gifts.
Burn this candle as an offering or gift to thank her for their blessings, to ask them for her guidance, to gain her protection, or simply to connect more deeply with her.
Use these 100% beeswax candles in spells for power or as offerings and petitions to Baba Yaga. Use the color that aligns with your intention:
- Red for passion and action
- Pink for romance, friendship or family
- Black for banishing or protection
- Green for fertility, generosity or prosperity
- Blue for tranquility, healing or reconciliation
- Purple for power and mastery
- Yellow for fame or happiness
- Orange for removing blocks or inviting opportunities
- Brown for grounding or connecting with nature
- White for blessing or any other purpose
Ways to use this candle:
- Dress the candle with Spirit Guide Oil or Native Spirit Oil before lighting for your intention.
- Place this candle unlit on an altar dedicated to connecting with Baba Yaga.
- Dress with Talk to Me Oil and Bountiful Blessings Oil to open up communication and blessings from Baba Yaga.
- Add a Protection Booster Pack to petition Baba Yaga for protection.
For more information on how to cast a spell with a candle, check out our free How to Do a Candle Spell: Candle How To Guide
Candle measures 8” tall
Burn time: 16 hours
100% pure beeswax
Cotton wick – lead-free
Lovingly witchcrafted at the Parlour of Wonders in Los Angeles, California